9.30.2009

Buck Curran interview with guitarbench.com

I don't think I've mentioned on the blog before that Buck, of Arborea, is also a luthier. Now, I'm probably the least musical person in the whole family, and I don't know anything about guitars, so I may be biased here. I find it completely amazing that Buck can hand craft an instrument that creates such beautiful music. Not only that, but they're just stunning to look at, too. His guitar crafting is truly is a whole artform in itself, apart from the music that is made with them. I can't get over it. To the right is one of Buck's (Curran Guitars) Butterfly Model guitars with a red spruce top, ebony fretboard, Brazilian headstock faceplate, and Brazilian rosewood radial style rosette. Photo (c) 2009 by Aaron Wiens.

This month, Buck was interviewed about his craft, and his guitars, by Terence Tan with www.guitarbench.com. Click here to read the full interview and see more photos of Buck's work.

No comments: